Tuesday 24 August 2010

‘Ass-Man Expects Victory Over Saturday Reserves’

Stewart Aisthorpe, affectionately titled ass-man by gaffer James Carter, expects the Sunday Nettleham side to reign victorious at Mulsane Park on Wednesday night. The popular Nettleham Sunday outfit continue pre-season preparation by taking on the youthful reserve side that Aisthorpe believes will be too inexperienced.




“The reserves are always a good team. They have a completely different team every season. It is an entirely different prospect to the first team, where you know who is going to be playing every season with the exception of a few a players.



I was lucky enough to watch a reserve game this season. They played a tough Ollerton reserve outfit. Despite being outplayed they only went down 3-0. I do not fear this too much. We have a fantastic attack and their best defenders play for us. It could be a mixed day for these boys namely Tom and Connor who will have to pledge their allegiance to one side of the club. I expect them to play for us and do a great job.



The reserves looked very young this year. Dare I say it, inexperienced? They have a good gaffer in Steve Straw and a hilarious assistant in Sharpey. I think they will try to come out and play football against us. Unfortunately for them, that is the worst philosophy they can undertake. They have to stop us playing and I honestly think there are only a few Sunday sides if any that can do that.



I think we will win. It may be a close game, but I think we will be the better football side. The gaffer and I have had a chat and we will be using the game to try new positions, concrete a formula for the league, and view those players on show from our team and the opposition.”

No comments:

Post a Comment