Friday 27 August 2010

Halligan - I'll get physical, physical

Nettleham enforcer Ollie Halligan is eagerly anticipating the physical challenge that comes with playing in Sills & Betteridge Division One.
The experienced midfielder has joined the Nettles from Dogma beer garden for a fee in the region of £3.

And Halligan is confident he has what it takes to be a success in Lincoln's second tier.
The no-nonsense midfielder said: "Yes, I do like the duels. I feel it is one of my qualities and here at Nettleham there are many duels and it is good to be able to respond physically.

"I relish the physical battles and more often than not come out on top.

"Now I am going to discover a new league. I have played against pub teams like Welton and Nettleham reserves so I know what to expect.

"I know it will take some time to adapt to new team-mates and the new game but I hope that it will happen quickly."

He continued: "It is a very difficult league but when you play for Nettleham, you play for titles and cups.
"It is very difficult to be the champions but that is why you need that ambition. Nettleham are a very respected team who qualify every year for the County Cup so why not one day be at the top?"

Halligan: Loves an ale

Halligan has reportedly signed a three-year deal at Mulsanne Park, and the 21-year-old is hopeful his experience will prove invaluable this season.

He said: "I hope I will be able to play for another four or five years.

"It is true that there are many young players here and to arrive at 21 is unusual.

"But I left Dogma quite late, at 18, to join Kind. I played for two years in Revs and now I am playing here.

"It is an unusual career path but I regret nothing. The most important thing is that it is happening today and I will be playing for Nettleham."

No comments:

Post a Comment